Monday, September 9, 2013

BACK TO THE KITCHEN....AND NEW NAMES FOR OUR THEME NIGHTS!

It's been too long since I've been in the kitchen regularly.....almost as long as I've been away from this blog.  I'm happy to report that I'm back and ready to cook.  It also helps that we're getting closer to fall and I can't wait!  I've already baked chocolate chip pumpkin muffins and the smell alone was worth it.  I've enlisted a little help from my kids in menu planning.  My 17 year-old has recently renamed my theme nights.  Here goes:
Monster Grill Monday
Taco Tuesday
(formerly Mexican Fiesta)
Weirdly Comforting Wednesday
(formerly Hot Dish/Crock Pot)
Throwback Thursday
(formerly Family Favorites)
Fantastico Friday
(formerly Pasta/Italian Night)
Soup OR Salad Saturday
Super Grab Bag Sunday
If changing the names gets them to be happier with what I make for dinner.....I'm all for it.  I'm also working on organizing all my recipes right now.  Currently, if I need a recipe, I have to grab a huge stack of papers from the book shelf and then search for what I'm looking for.  Now, I'm entering them in a computer data base and printing them out to organize them in two binders I've picked up.  (I know I can just access them on my computer, but I really like having the printed recipe in front of me.)  The best part of this newfound excitement in the kitchen.....I have my next two weeks of menus planned out! 
I leave you with a photo of the delicious chocolate torte my brother made for us to celebrate our 24th anniversary!


1 comment: