Thursday, April 26, 2012

THEME NIGHTS

(Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza....YUM!!!)
Half the battle of dinner time is having a plan.  My grandmother used to have spaghetti once a week, I believe on Mondays.  She always knew what she would be preparing that night.  I loved the idea, but decided to broaden it to Pasta Night.  I wanted some flexibility.  I had other nights that received themes too.  Tuesday was Taco Tuesday, but changed to Mexican Fiesta for more flexibility and Friday was Homemade Pizza Night.  Then one day I found a new show that really inspired me, The Food Nanny.  She has a passion for rescuing dinner time and her plan uses theme nights every night.  I decided to fill in the blanks and give every night a theme night.  Now, that doesn't mean I can't make pasta on a Thursday or pizza on Sunday, but it does help my planning.  Here are my theme nights:

Monday - Pasta Night
Tuesday - Mexican Fiesta
Wednesday - Crock Pot or Hot Dish* 
(*I can't call it a casserole, for some reason my boys can't stand that name....hence, the Hot Dish)
Thursday - Soup, Salad, Sandwich 
 (or any combination)
Friday - Homemade Pizza Night 
 (if we're busy, this night generally gets pushed to Sunday)
Saturday - Grill or Wok
Sunday - Family Favorites 

Follow the side bar What's for Dinner? to see what I'm making. 

No comments:

Post a Comment