Saturday, August 4, 2012

BACON FRIED CABBAGE

I searched my fridge for a side dish the other day and found a head of cabbage that needed to be used.  After a quick internet search, I found a Pancetta Fried Cabbage recipe from Allrecipes.  A few substitutions and I give you the very delicious side dish: 
Bacon Fried Cabbage
(great served warm or cold the next day)
6 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
1/2 onion, diced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
fresh ground pepper
1 head cabbage, finely sliced
2 Tbsp soy sauce (you could start with a little less and then taste)
1 dash Tabasco (or to taste)
Cook the bacon until browned and then add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper.  Once the onions are translucent, add the cabbage and cook about 5 minutes.  Then add the soy sauce and tabasco and cook about 10 minutes more.  DELICIOUS!!!!  I really enjoyed the next day cold for lunch too!

No comments:

Post a Comment