Friday, November 2, 2012

BAKED PUMPKIN DOUGHNUTS

Sorry I'm a day late on this recipe.  I've been wanting to try out my new doughnut pan, so I picked Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts.  After the first batch was done, I asked my kids to try it.  They loved them!  Then I took a couple to the neighbors and they loved them too!  SUCCESS!  It was simple enough to make, but I wish I had another doughnut pan.  Since I knew I didn't have the patience to use my one doughnut pan for all of them, I made a batch of 24 mini muffins - which I called doughnut holes.  I was able to get 12 doughnuts and 24 mini muffins out of this recipe.  Next time I want to glaze them....yum!
BAKED PUMPKIN DOUGHNUTS
(recipe from King Arthur Flour)
1/2 c. vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. canned pumpkin puree
1 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice (or you could use 3/4 t. ground cinnamon, 1/4 t. ground nutmeg, 1/4 t. ground ginger)
1 1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 3/4 c. + 2 T. all-purpose flour
3 T. cinnamon sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease two regular doughnut pans.  If you don't have doughnut pans, you can bake them in a mini muffin tin.  Beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spices, salt and baking powder until smooth.  Add the flour, stirring just until smooth.  Fill the wells of the doughnut pans about 3/4 full; use a scant 1/4 c. of batter in each well.  Bake the doughnuts (or mini muffins) for 15 - 18 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean.  Remove the doughnuts from the oven, and after about 5 minutes, loosen their edges, and transfer them to a rack to cool.  While the doughnuts are still warm (but no longer fragile), gently shake them in a bag with the cinnamon-sugar.  Cool completely, and wrap airtight; store at room temperature for several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment