Sunday, March 31, 2013

BROCCOLI SALAD

This is one of my favorite salads!  It's so yummy and I get so many compliments on it.  Last week, my cousin's wife requested it at her baby shower.  Yesterday, it was served at my brother's wedding (one of my friends was kind enough to make it for me).  Next week, I'll be making it after General Conference with our extended family.  It's really good and easy.  You can chop everything up and add the dressing just before you're ready to serve it.  Enjoy!

BROCCOLI SALAD (from Bronwyn Brown, found in our church cookbook)
8 c. chopped broccoli
1 1/2 c. chopped celery
1/2 c. raisins
1/4 c. roasted sunflower kernels
1 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped up
Dressing:
1 c. mayo
3/4 c. sugar
3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar

Mix the broccoli, celery, raisins, sunflower kernels and bacon in a large bowl.  In a separate bowl, stir the mayo, sugar and vinegar together. Stir well.  Add your dressing to the salad and mix well before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment