Tuesday, September 18, 2012

BLACK BEAN SOUP

Black Bean Soup Recipe
(black bean soup - photo & recipe from Eating Well)

What to do with leftover black beans?  Make a yummy soup!

BLACK BEAN SOUP
(I made a couple small adjustments to the original recipe.  Original recipe found HERE.)
1 T. canola oil
1 T. dried chopped onion
1 T. chili powder
1/2 t. ground cumin
3-4 c. black beans
3 c. water
1/2 c. salsa
1/4 t. salt
1 T. lime juice
(optional: top soup with sour cream and chopped cilantro)
Heat all ingredients (except for the lime juice) in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.  After removing from heat, stir in the lime juice and blend before serving.  (I used my immersion blender)  It was so good!  Next time I'll top with sour cream and cilantro as pictured above.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, this looks good! And I am going to have to try the pumpkin poppers!

    ReplyDelete