Sunday, September 23, 2012

PEACHES FOSTER FRENCH TOAST

 (My breakfast.  Delicious!)
I try to buy what the kids want to eat.  For instance, Colton loves peaches and so I bought him two gorgeous ones.  Then he didn't eat them!  In an effort to use everything up, I decided that I needed to do something with them this weekend, before it was too late.  So this morning I made Peaches Foster over French Toast.  It was so delicious and makes my home smell wonderful!  WIN-WIN!
 Sunday morning breakfast with my boys.
(Colton was the only one to try the peaches foster)
PEACHES FOSTER
3 T. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 t. cinnamon
fresh grated nutmeg, just a dash
splash of vanilla (optional)
2-3 peaches, sliced (peeled, if you choose)
In a skillet/saute pan on med-high heat, add the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Stir mixture as the butter melts.  When all is melted and mixed, add your sliced peaches and reduce heat to medium (or med-low).  Stir peaches in mixture occasionally.  Cook for about 5 minutes, until sauce is thin.  Take off heat and add vanilla if you choose, stir.  Then place on top of french toast, pancakes, waffles, ice cream, pudding, etc.  You could even eat them in a bowl with a little whipped cream on top.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment