Sunday, October 14, 2012

DAY 14 - MY SECRET INGREDIENT

I've learned many things from the past 2 1/2 years and gratitude is at the top of the list.  I'm grateful that we have a grocery budget, even if it is small.  I'm grateful that I know how to cook.  I'm grateful that I have lots of kitchen appliances/tools to play work with.  I'm grateful that my family doesn't have food allergies.
No matter what we've had, it's always been enough.  Just when I needed a little give in my budget, something would always give.  These are some of the blessings we've experienced at those times:
sudden invitation to a friend's for dinner
dinner at a church activity
a family was moving out of state, didn't want to pack their food, it came to us
my cousin received a turkey from work, knew she wouldn't make it, 
passed it on to us
major sale at the grocery store
my mom asked me to make the Thanksgiving dinner and bought the groceries
I've found temporary work at times to help fill in gaps
Gratitude, Gratitude Journal, Gratitude Journal Monday! 
 I've loved finding these statistics.  I've told my children countless times that have more than the majority of the people on the planet.  If you have running water and more than one food to eat every day, you are living in luxury.
Gratitude. 
 Not everyone is dealing with a minimal budget, there are so many difficulties in life.  No matter what we are facing, I'm convinced that gratitude can bless our lives.  It has for me.  It puts whatever I'm facing into perspective.  No matter what is going on in your life...
I truly believe this.
What in your life could benefit from a little gratitude?

1 comment:

  1. I needed to read this today! Seems money never goes as far as you want it too BUT I do eat, have a roof over my head, etc. Still, I'd like to be rich. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete