Wednesday, October 24, 2012

DAY 22 - CINNAMON CRUNCH POPCORN

My family loves popcorn.  It's a great treat, inexpensive and there are so many ways you can make it.  We use a Whirly Pop Popcorn Maker.  (We even have two of them!)  There are four standard recipes we use (but there are so many more we're excited to try):
Regular Buttered Popcorn
Pretty self-explanatory, pop some corn, add a little melted butter and salt.
Recipe from Our Best Bites....so yummy!!!!!  (I have the title "popcorn lady" at my kids prep school because of this recipe)
Vanilla Crunch Popcorn
I make it the same way as the cinnamon bun popcorn, just white sugar instead of brown, no cinnamon and add 1/4 t. salt.
Cinnamon Crunch Popcorn
I love this recipe.  It reminds me of summer and girls camp.  Lots of people love it too and tell me it reminds them of churros.
CINNAMON CRUNCH POPCORN
(recipe adapted from Whirly Pop recipe guide)
Topping:
2 T. sugar
2 t. cinnamon
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. salt (to your preference)
pinch or two of nutmeg (I grate a little whole nutmeg into the bowl)
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  Set aside.

Place this in the whirly pop and pop over the stove top.
1/4 c. popcorn
1/4 c. oil
1 T. sugar
When the popcorn is finished popping, open the lid and pour topping over popcorn, then close lid and stir until it's thoroughly mixed.  Pour into a large bowl and it will get crispy as it cools.  YUM!  Enjoy some this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment