Thursday, October 18, 2012

DAY 19 - PANTRY ORGANIZATION

It's hard to be successful in cooking meals day in and day out without some organization.  Like organizing the menu/recipes, the shopping list, your kitchen, your time and your pantry!  Today I cleaned out my pantry and thought I would share.  I love using these plastic gallon containers for my grains, rice and beans.  (you see that pink container in the top left corner - it's my original Tupperware canister set from our wedding 23 years ago)  The red box holds the plastic ware for my kids lunches and their lunchboxes.  I'm so thankful that my 5 gallon buckets fit on the floor!
 The right shelves holds pasta and sauce, peanut butter, veggies, our massive herbal tea and hot cocoa collection.  It also has room for our griddle (used all the time) and our whirly pop popcorn maker.  The 5 gallon buckets on this side all have different colored gamma lids.  I love them!  It makes it so easy to get into them.
 I love all using the space on the back of the door.  All the little items are easy to see and easy to get to. 
It makes cooking much more enjoyable when I can clearly see what I have and get to it.  Especially when I'm really busy in the kitchen like tonight - teriyaki chicken and homemade take-out noodles.  It was easy to pull the ingredients out and get them back in their place.  (Now if I can only keep in organized)

No comments:

Post a Comment