Monday, October 15, 2012

DAY 16 - WHERE I SHOP

No matter what my budget, I've always shopped at different stores.   I look through the grocery ads and shop the best sales.  Some weeks I just need a few items to get by and may only visit a store or two.  Other weeks I may be running low on lots of items and need to stock up at different stores.  Here are some of my regular stops.
REGULAR GROCERY STORES
I generally shop the sales and only what I need for my menu plan.  If I'm short on time, I can pick one store and just get my shopping done quick.
Yes, I realize that it costs $55/year to shop here, but I think it's worth it.  Not only do I buy groceries here, but we buy gasoline, eyeglasses, Christmas gifts, clothes, and books.  (Plus - food samples....my kids really love these!)  These are my regular buys:  2 lb. block of cheese (cheddar and mozzerella), turkey bacon or breakfast sausage, 6 lbs. tortilla chips (3 - 2lb. bags), 5 dozen eggs (local), 2.5 lb. spinach or 3 lb. broccoli, and Kirkland's mayo.  Plus, my family loves to eat lunch or dinner here. 
I come to this Mexican market for all my tortillas - corn and flour.  You won't get a fresher tortilla and they have great prices.  They also have great weekly sales on lots of produce like cilantro, avocados, tomatoes, limes, green onions, and tomatillos.
I buy my soy sauce, veggies, rice noodles, rice paper wrappers and produce here. 

Sprouts-logo-294x195 
I love their selection and sale prices on their fruits and veggies and they have double ad Wednesdays!  Their bulk bins have been a lifesaver for me!  Occasionally I want to try a new recipe, but it may have a more expensive ingredient.  Taking just what I need from the bins has saved me money and allowed me to explore other recipes that I wouldn't be able to if I had to buy a larger portion of that ingredient.  It's also allowed me to spoil my kids with a portion of their favorite treat.  Everyone gets what they want and I didn't break the bank.
 SUPERSTITION RANCH MARKET
Tons of fruits and veggies at incredible prices!  If you live in the east valley in Arizona, I recommend going.
They just opened up in the east valley a couple of weeks ago.  I'm not sure how often I'll go, but I do love all their bins!  It's fun to see what they have and to be able to buy in any portion I want.  My best buy was bay leaves.  I put about 20-25 bay leaves from the bin section into a small bag, it cost me $0.04!!!  LOVE!
Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment