Sunday, October 21, 2012

DAY 21 - HOMEMADE TAKE-OUT NOODLES

I found this recipe $2 Noodles off of Cheeky Kitchen.  I noticed that it's not listed on there anymore.  Every time I make this recipe it really satisfies my craving for take-out noodles.  So now I call it Homemade Take-Out Noodles.  It's definitely a family favorite with my boys and even my mom! 
HOMEMADE TAKE-OUT NOODLES
(I would have included a photo, but it's always eaten too fast!  I'll try to add one soon.)
3 pkg. beef ramen
3 pkg. chicken ramen
2 T. sesame oil (I've seen dark and light colored sesame oils, I buy the dark looking oil - very flavorful)
2 T. olive oil
1 pkg. frozen stir-fry veggies (I've found the one pound packages at Fresh & Easy for 2/$3 or you could cut up veggies you have on hand)
2 t. garlic, minced
1/2 t. fresh ginger, grated
First, open all the ramen packages and remove the noodles & set aside the seasoning packets.  Get a big pot of water boiling for the noodles.  While the water is heating up, heat a large skillet and then add the oils.  Next, add the garlic and ginger, stir for about 30-45 seconds.  Add your frozen veggies and the seasoning packets and stir to coat.  Let the veggies heat up, stirring as needed.  When the water is boiling in the pot, add your ramen noodles, stirring occasionally.  When the ramen noodles are done, drain in a colander and add to the heated veggies.  Toss to coat the noodles, then taste.  You may choose to add a little more sesame oil.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment