Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DAY 18 - PORK CARNITAS

OH. MY. GOODNESS!
This is too good!!!!  I found mini tortillas and we made tacos.  I can't believe how good this was, as good (or better than) Chipotle's carnitas!
PORK CARNITAS recipe from PaleoBetty.com
2 1/2 lb. boneless pork shoulder, cubed into 1 1/2 in. pieces
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 t. dried Mexican oregano
1 t. ground cumin
1 T. sherry vinegar (I used mirin)
2 t. kosher salt
freshly ground pepper (several twists)
1 yellow onion, quartered
3-4 bay leaves
Place the pork in the crock pot and add the garlic, oregano, cumin, sherry vinegar (or mirin), salt & pepper.  Stir to coat all the pieces.  Then place the onion and bay leaves on the top.  Cook on Low for 6 hours. (mine was probably done just after 5 hours)  I pulled the onions out and served them on the side.  Shred the meat and you are ready to eat!  I also set out colby jack & pepper jack cheese and pico de gallo for our tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment